Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Thursday 12 July 2007

July 12th - Upstairs floor joists and walls

I was supposed to be driving to Lincolnshire today, and spent a chunk of the morning preparing equipment. Loaded the car up, and dropped in at the site on the way. Couldn't drag myself away. Tossed a coin, which said I should go. I was so upset with this outcome that it was obvious I should do no such thing, so I strapped on my tool-belt and got stuck in.
The long-awaited 220 x 75mm floor-joists arrived first thing, and by the time I arrived at around 11am they were all cut to size and installed. Very impressed, but disappointed that it was all done without me. Still - I got over it fairly quickly!
Mal's picturesque wife made a surprise visit and took her three kids away. This pleased Melvin, who struggles badly when he's not allowed to swear.
Fitted the rest of the joist clips while Jack cut dwangs and Melvin nailed them in place. Helped Mal frame up a couple of wall-panels then had to shoot off. The lads arrived at the house around 6pm with the following photos...
First floor 120707

No comments: