Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Saturday 11 August 2007

August 11th - framing & sheeting

Just Mal and me again, and I was only there till lunchtime. Mal's decided to work weekends, but how long Michele will cope with that is open to question!
I had a good clear out upstairs and bagged up several sacks of firewood and a couple of rubbish. Mal was busy framing up the bathroom walls, and once he'd reached a point where I could, I pulled cables through from the ground-floor for the upstairs ring-main and lighting circuits.
The were some dwangs (yet more bloddy dwangs!) to measure and cut. These will be installed below the bathroom walls, between the first-floor joists, but I couldn't fit them today because we had only one nail-gun between us.

No comments: