Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Monday 15 October 2007

October 15th - non-starter

Bit of a shocker today. I trundled over to the plot with my clogged and painful lungs to start slating, but felt so weak and wrecked when I got there that I couldn't face the exertion of hauling the slates up to the roof and battling against the wind to stay up there. Instead I started to sheet around the waterfall window, but discovered that the necessary framing was going to be very tricky without a nail-gun. Managed a little bit but when a couple of orders came in by phone I found it extremely easy to justify packing it in and heading home to tackle the day-job instead.
I'd had a bit of a run-in with a perenially grumpy and misanthropic sales assistant in Travis Perkins in the morning, and had shed and destroyed a roofrack-load of plasterboard on the way home when I was driving too fast in a rage, so all in all it was a pretty crap day!
Need to get Melvin back with his nail-gun for a day to finish the sheeting.

No comments: