Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Wednesday 3 October 2007

October 2nd - Slating & sheeting

Another glorious day. I'd set myself the easy target of finishing the slating at the back of the house, but spent the first few hours inside doing a bit of plasterboard work incase the taper turned up, and because I was scared of Mal's reaction when he returns tomorrow and finds that I've been frittering away my time sunning myself on the roof.
Anna arrived around lunchtime and dispatched me with a stern look to the slating, to which I dedicated myself for the remainder of the day. Made it to the ridge-line, which was very satisfying. Looking at the roof from the top of the banking it's very easy to see the gradual improvement in workmanship as I learned what I was doing.
Anna finished painting the post sockets. Mal back tomorrow - hurrah.
Collected volunteer Phil from the bus in the evening.
021007

No comments: