Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Tuesday 15 January 2008

January 15th - flooring and radiators

Had a late start after a horrendous interrupted night. Anna had to take Oscar to the doctor with a raging fever, while I looked after Toby at home. On my way to the plot at 10am I discovered Melvin asleep in his car at the side of the road, so my fears that he would have turned around and gone home when I wasn't there were unfounded.
A delivery of radiators arrived just as we did, and Melvin spent the day hanging them all. I floored the snug, and was almost finished by the time I had to leave at 3pm for school runs etc.
Farmer Neil filled the big hole out front, and another in the field behind, and BT assured me that the engineer who told me that it would be weeks before my line was connected wasn't in possession of all the facts, and that it should be done any day now.
Having trouble with the boiler suppliers, who have so far failed to deliver, ane seem to be avoiding my phone calls.

No comments: