Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Thursday 17 January 2008

January 16 & 17th - Flooring, radiators & door-linings

Two days to report. Melvin was with me yesterday and spent the day fitting radiators and the downstairs WC door-frame and grouting in the bathroom while I somehow managed to use up a whole day on the last few fiddly bits of flooring (including the lobby) that I though would take a couple of hours.
I was on my own today, and only had about four hours on site, during which I fitted door-frames to the pantry, utility-room, lobby, Hamu's bedroom and the shower-room, and cut and fitted oak thresholds everywhere where vinyl flooring meets oak. Anna brought the twins over briefly and did a bit of clearing up, but the wee men are still pretty unwell and weren't coping with being out of bed, so she took them home again.
I'm being messed around by Plumbing Supplies Ltd, who should have delivered our boiler and oil-tank several days ago, and keep fobbing me off when I chase them.
We've set January 30th as our moving date - less than two weeks away. Difficult to see how it's going to happen, but we'll see. I predict a mad and stressful end to the month...
170108

No comments: