Strawbale House

This blog is intended to chart our progress through the self-build process, from half-hearted plot-hunting through to completion of the build. The twist is that we're building the house from timber and straw (hence the blog title).

Click on the image at the end of each post to see that day's photos.

Tuesday 1 January 2008

January 1st - Electrics

A miserable day of incessant rain. My mood reflected the weather, and I found it very hard to get going. Everything I wanted to do needed materials. In the end I sanded the lounge floor, but stopped because I had no mask. None of the bathroom installation could be done, and in the end I resorted to installing the bathroom fans, shower-light and a couple of outstanding light-switches. One of these revealed a damaged wire in the pendant in the master bedroom, which turned out to have been pierced by an overly-long screw. As with all these things, it took me quite a while to track the fault down, but the repair was quick and easy.
010108

No comments: